MAMMEN & DRESCHER A/S
A. Mammen
M. P. Drescher
Skibsservice
Fortoldning og ordrestyring
Mammen & Drescher was founded in 1896 by A. Mammen & M. P. Drescher, brothers-in-law.

History

Mammen & Drescher A/S, Sundkaj 7, Frihavnen, 2150  Nordhavn.
In 1961 Finn Drescher started a forwarding business in the Copenhagen Free Port, its chief operations being in storage of large quantities of goods (coffee, tea, cocoa) and truck transport to the other parts of Denmark and Scandinavia. Finn Drescher established storage facilities on Islands Brygge, at Ottiliavej, Valby, and then built a terminal of their own in Vestre Teglgade, Københavns Sydhavn (southern port of Copenhagen), concurrently with the business in Pakhus 21, Copenhagen Free Port. Running a business in a free port calls for great customs transaction know-how in our current environment as well. Also to-day, our company forwarding agents are trained in the field of customs, keeping up their expertise by retraining. In 1996, on the occasion of his 60-year birthday, Man. Director Finn Drescher retired, leaving the operation of our company to Heini Svendsen who had been employed since 1980. On January 1, 1999, Heini Svendsen and Mads Thrane took over the operations of our company in a new company, owned on a 50/50 basis. Chairman of the Board is solicitor Esben Bigaard.
A. Mammen
M.P.Drescher
Over the ages, M&D has been operating in a wide range of business areas. Around 1914, our company embarked on a determined attempt to establish car production in Denmark. To this end, M&D, joined by Jan Hagemeister, backed the production of the “Jan” car in Jyderup, Denmark. M&D was also the general importer of several car makes, as well as the “FISK AUTOGUMMI” tyre make. Over the years, our company has been established in Aarhus, Aalborg, Copenhagen, Nyborg, Esbjerg, as well as New York.
Historical pictures:
MAMMEN & DRESCHER A/S
A. Mammen
M. P. Drescher
Skibsservice
In 1961 Finn Drescher started a forwarding business in the Copenhagen Free Port, its chief operations being in storage of large quantities of goods (coffee, tea, cocoa) and truck transport to the other parts of Denmark and Scandinavia. Finn Drescher established storage facilities on Islands Brygge, at Ottiliavej, Valby, and then built a terminal of their own in Vestre Teglgade, Københavns Sydhavn (southern port of Copenhagen), concurrently with the business in Pakhus 21, Copenhagen Free Port. Running a business in a free port calls for great customs transaction know-how in our current environment as well. Also to-day, our company forwarding agents are trained in the field of customs, keeping up their expertise by retraining. In 1996, on the occasion of his 60-year birthday, Man. Director Finn Drescher retired, leaving the operation of our company to Heini Svendsen who had been employed since 1980. On January 1, 1999, Heini Svendsen and Mads Thrane took over the operations of our company in a new company, owned on a 50/50 basis. Chairman of the Board is solicitor Esben Bigaard.
A. Mammen
M.P.Drescher
Over the ages, M&D has been operating in a wide range of business areas. Around 1914, our company embarked on a determined attempt to establish car production in Denmark. To this end, M&D, joined by Jan Hagemeister, backed the production of the “Jan” car in Jyderup, Denmark. M&D was also the general importer of several car makes, as well as the “FISK AUTOGUMMI” tyre make. Over the years, our company has been established in Aarhus, Aalborg, Copenhagen, Nyborg, Esbjerg, as well as New York.
Historical pictures:
Mammen & Drescher A/S, Sundkaj 7, Frihavnen, 2150 Nordhavn
History
Mammen & Drescher was founded in 1896 by A. Mammen & M. P. Drescher, brothers-in-law.